The Blog

Sunday, December 6, 2009

December update

Outreach efforts made me realize that asking strangers to host an event is a huge ask that most folks don't have the time or inclination to tackle.  So I looked at our event plans and adjusted them to a more feasible program where we will set up appointments with "sustainability heroes" as we pass through town.  We will record the visits and post them here.  If folks want to invite a few friends or whatever, that will be gravy.
In addition, I just posted a petition on our website www.thegreenriders.org where you can go and sign,  if you agree.  The petition is a statement of commitment on the part of people who agree that sustainability is an active process that includes sustainability in our personal lives, our communities and in Washington DC.
Check it out.  Sign it if you agree and spread the word!!

Finally, I got the pieces to turn my bicycle into a trainer/electricity generator.  I put it all together and started pedaling away.  Almost immediately I got huge resistance and my charge controller started smoking.  Not good.  I'm not sure how to move forward.  I somehow need to control the energy coming off of my legs so that I can charge a battery with it.  My goal is to keep my computer running on pedal power.

No comments:

Post a Comment